Friday, June 04, 2004

Me, a country pumkin?

Can't remember when was the last time I took a ride on the train or a bus. I started on my own transport the moment I got my driver's. Prior to that, it has always been the yellow-top cab.

I had to go to plaza Singapore to run some errands earlier during lunch. Knowing me, I wouldn't want to walk or waste my money on petrol/erp/parking charges...It is just not worth the money hence I decided to take a bus. The trip there was cool, but it was the return that was quite a disaster. Firstly, I had to purchase a EZlink card which I did, next I was confused by all the different signs and colors of the board though it was all in English. It's kinda complicated for a first-timer like me I guess. So I approached the ticketing office and asked for help. I should really comment on our service here in Singapore, we have got quite many friendly and helpful citizens. I got some advice from the officer and finally after some musing, I board the train and head back to Orchard. It may be a simple task for any singaporean here but it was sure a feat for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home