Thursday, August 25, 2005

This got to be a pretty long entry I reckon. Late nights for the past days...mahjong, hanging out, chilling...Just got home not long ago, a good day today. Let's start off from the morning.

Morning: I got into my quality control manager's good books, he stood up for me today. Looks like he has got good vibes about me. I felt like I've been protected...haha. He warned everyone, kinda fierce actually, in the direction of my another colleague who's also a manager.

Moses (QC manager): Tricia, please make sure that no one is rude to Jasmine, she is part of the management.

Tricia (The manager): Yes, Moses. I shall see to it.

Jasmine (The on-probation-manager): Smiles to herself.

Here's the situation, Moses is one of the pioneer in the company, he can be considered the right hand to my GM or President. He call the shots in the company as well though he is a quality control Manager, he has the respect of many. We have got quite many managers in the company in charge of different projects and campaigns. Though all are managers but all different status in rank. This is something new to me, I've got to quickly blend into their system.

Lunch: I went out lunch alone today, wanted to walk around and do some window-shopping, making a list of things I can buy when I get my first pay cheque which is coming soon...I stepped into Crystal jade bakery and wanted to get a spring-roll, didn't wanna have too heavy of a meal for lunch. And guess what, I queue for quite awhile and when it got to my turn, sold out. The last two spring-rolls were bought by the lady who stood in front of me. I was kinda disappointed for a split second and the unexpected happened. The lady gave up one of her spring-roll and sold it to me, such an angel. Kinda make my day, there are still good people in Singapore!

Night: By the time I walked out of my office, it is already nightfall. Went over to Dome for coffee with June, wanted to go home to rest actually, but willing to sacrifice on her sake as she has got juicy stories to tell me. So we went on and on....

So from Dome, we ended up at her office. June works in MTV so you can expect a very 'MTV' style office. Impressive office I must say, better than mine. Nice place to hang out too! They have got a pretty spacious chill-out lounge where there's snooker table, games and even vending machine! Free flow of beverages of your choice, I must say, they are very generous on staff-welfare. June gave me a little gift, though it is nothing expensive but I seriously like it alot. Kinda cool actually, it's a notebook with sound effect. I shan't go into details because I don't exactly know how to go about saying it, all I have to say is, it has a 'moo-ing' sound...haha. Interesting isn't it? I shall bring this book for all my meetings in future, so I can moo people whenever they say something wrong....hahaa.

Another day has passed and I've spent it meaningfully.

Speaking of which, someone just sms me. A rare visitor, hmm....

Hint: Cafe cartel...(June will know who...)

Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home