Saturday, June 12, 2004

The Village Hotel

Just got back home not long ago, went for a spin earlier. Was driving past Changi Village and I saw 'Le Meridien' hotel. It's no longer the old run down hotel, it has been renamed to 'Village hotel' and it has been given a total face-lift.

I can consider myself being a hotelier as checking into hotels has been my expensive hobby. Curiosity kills the cat, so I wasted no time, parked my car in front of the lobby and went down to check out the new place. The whole feel I got from the hotel? Excellent! This is totally like a getaway, far from the city and you can expect tranquil and idyllic neighborhood with a sandy beach and golf course nearby. But of cos, please do not a white sandy beach because singapore can never have nice beaches...haha. I was impressed by the lounge, more so of the decor and the combination of colors they used. I would relatively compare that to the lounge at Swiss Hotel the Stamford, it is almost on PAR! I took the lift up, knowing me, the first thing that would come to my mind would be the swimming pool. It was gorgeous, Balinese style yet with a touch of contemporary sense. I immediately want to strip and jump into the pool but I can't. I knew I had to stay to feel more....haha. My next step: I booked a room, checking in on Sunday and out on Monday. Though it's half a day for me because I will have to work on monday but I didn't mind. Don't want to crash in with the crowd on a weekend but then again, it is so very new, I doubt not many people actually know about this. I didn't realize until I drove past....so...hmm. Anyway, I know I'm going to enjoy my stay.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came across ur blog by links and more links.
I love staying in hotels too.. so far my fav have beeen mariott.
thot Meredian was too creepy for my own good!
hahaha

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jasmine! Niki here. I came across your site when I searched "Changi Village Hotel" in Yahoo.
Last Friday, I went to Changi with my friend and I saw that the hotel is finally opened after 2 years of renovation. I was so excited because I have been waiting for it! I am a total fan of the new hotel. I agree with you. The minute i stepped in, I went to the swimming pool. The view at night was fantastic. The thing is, my friend and I dint have the card and we almost couldn't go home!
Well, I have the same hobby as you. I like to explore different hotels and stay in them. What other hotels have you been to? And how do you rate them? If you dun mind making friends with a 19f, email me at babymonster@southparkmail.com

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I ask, how much was the room rate and what kinda room was it? Im planning a stay there in September holidays.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Hi all, Sorry for the late reply. Haven't been checking my account. The rate was like 150-160nett after all that plus-plus. Not too sure when will they end the promotion but if you do want a room, better book it fast.

And replying to you Niki, I've stayed in many....it would a list if i were to say it here so i would probably communicate to u through a mail. :)

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home